Friday, February 15, 2008

MARRIAGE CRAZE!!

Ok so it seems that the new fad in town is getting married... even 15 year olds wanna get married and start a family.. I went home (Nigeria) for christmas and EVERYBODY was either getting married, getting engaged or couldnt stop talking about when it would be their turn in this lifetime.. I sat there wondering what the hell was wrong with me!! Why didnt I feel the pressure or the need to even be in a relationship not to talk of marriage.. MARRIAGE KE??!! the thought alone send shivers down my spine.. lol.. (if my aunties heard this they would send me for deliverance) talking of deliverance, one of my very good friends (Pretty, intelligent, extremely driven, God fearing and smart!) was gisting me of how her mother sent her for deliverance and placed her on a 21 day fast just so that she would find a husband.. soon.. LOL like watthehellmen!!! r u for real!! (I dont blame her mum tho.. with all those qualities.. hmmm i will marry her to my brother quick quick lol) but sadly, that's the reality of the society we live in.. Anyways, so i'm sitting in my room, after going through a series of sermons from my uncles and aunties aboout what was next for me, considering the fact that I had graduated from university and i was 'ripe' for marriage (at age 22)... thankfully my parents do not share such views AT ALL!!! (HALLELUJAH!!) LOL... but bcos of how preoccupied everyone else was about it.. i began to feel like there was something wrong with me.. I wasnt even interested in meeting the potential Mr. Right.. So as I pondered on these things... IT HIT ME!!!

I enjoyed being SELFISH!!! lol.. I enjoyed doing things my own way, i could sleep over anywhere I wanted, eat anywhere/anything I wanted, buy whatever I wanted, wear whatever I wanted, wasnt obligated to call anybody 10 times a day morning, afternoon and night, I could basically do ANYHTING i wanted without explaining, justifying, asking permission first... I could just do ME!!! I was now addicted to my independence... A life that was centered around CRYSTALBEL...So as this realisation dawned on me... a smile spread across my face cos then I knew I wasnt crazy I just enjoyed paying attention to Crystalbel for the first time in a long time...

Phew that felt good.. I think I will do this more often.. thanks Scomiss for giving me a way out..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

u're welcome, it's a good way to let out stress from the world and not having to shout on anyone...lol

AJIKE said...

true words scomiss!

Ejoy you my dear!